Greetings, from a long lost rose maniac...

flowernay(z7b E.TEXAS)November 19, 2006

My name is Nay and I'm a roseaholic! I've missed everybody from the rose parties in Texas and here on the forums. I've been busy getting used to my new surroundings and learning my way around. My computer crashed the same week I got internet service. For some reason, my cell phone went out, too. (I never was meant to have one of those) Anyway... I'm back on line now, and ready to rock. I'm going to have a heck of a challenge growing roses in this yard. Luckily, I'm not one to run from something as silly as a few thousand wisteria vines criss crossing the entire back yard in a matted web. I think I saw some good black dirt under there. Scooter has helped me cut, dig & pull at least 2 truck loads of vines already. (I promised him I'd grow veggies, too) The front yard doesn't scare me, either... So what if it's so shady grass doesn't grow in over 1/2 of it. I always did like moss, it's low maintenance. There are some sunny spots that are begging for roses. I have a completely blank canvas to play with, and am determined to turn this bland landscape into some serious WOW. Wish me Luck!

p.s. my old email address on my member page is no longer valid. For some reason, it won't let me update it... I keep going in circles signing in, filling out info, hitting update & going to the sign in screen again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anntn6b(z6b TN)

Hi, Nay, I was hoping you'd report in.
Email me, please, we're going to be in Charlotte at the end of November, and I'd love to talk to you, and maybe find if you want some found roses to fill spaces.
Ann

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 9:28PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

How nice to hear from you.

Wisteria can be a bugger to deal with but I'm sure you can do it.

Take some before and after pictures.

Florence

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 9:44PM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

I am glad you have checked in, Nay.Keep us posted. I'm interested in what you do as an independent rose grower.

Sammy

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 7:00AM
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

Great to hear fom you Nay. You moved to North Carolina last spring as I recall. Should be a great place to grow major league roses. We expect a perfect garden. Just be sure to load up on your fungicide. And find a good biker bar in case we visit!

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 7:20AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Hello. No wonder I couldn't call you! I've missed talking to you and thought about you and how you are doing. Will you please send me your e-mail.

Carla

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 9:20AM
melva(7b/8aTX)

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing....how are the animals liking the change?

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 3:29PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Hello! Good to see you! Hey, Charlotte isn't far and Carla's in Hickory, so maybe an outing is in the future?! Other than my back and driving but I do go for it anyway on occassion.

Anyway, good luck! Wisteria is so pretty but I believe it may eat small dogs and children - beware! Is there a lot of kudzu in Charlotte? lol. Same thing sans flowers, in my experience.

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 2:03AM
More Discussions
Small blooms on Marie van Houtte
I'm in Houston and we've had a very wet spring, lots...
humble5
First blooming bud of my first rose - Livin' Easy
Getting ready to show her colors
dixonticonderoga
Your opinion about Bonide Rose RX 3-in-1 Spray
I want to stay organic with the first few roses that...
bluehaven_gweb
What are these red spots on my rose canes and are they bad?
Hello everyone! It's spring time and my roses are all...
Rosecandy VA, zone 7
For those looking for Poseidon/Novalis
Heirloom Roses has it! I was so excited when I saw...
Rosecandy VA, zone 7
Sponsored Products
Home Typography Rug
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Diner Bar Stool Set of 3 in Black
$269.00 | LexMod
Home and More Christmas Package Welcome Mat - 12103
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Moonrays Posts Outdoor Clear and Black Solar LED Season’s Greetings Sign 96950
$20.99 | Home Depot
Personalized Ribbon
Grandin Road