A Grandma's bragging rights

AnneCecilia z5 MINovember 25, 2006

Meredith is to blame for encouraging me to post some photos from my granddaughter's Thanksgiving visit (like I wouldn't have been able to resist otherwise, LOL.) Our Milla is not 11 months old yet, and just started walking. She is cute as a bug's ear and the house seems so quiet now that they've gone back home. Here's a few of my favorite shots:

Milla looking up at me (she is a real ham when she sees a camera!)

Milla, with her own doggy. We couldn't quite figure out this move, but she did it more than once. Just walked up to the dog and bent over until her head was resting on them.

An in motion photo - arms outstretched for those frequent stumbles:

And laughing with my dog, Phoebe. Phoebe just got done giving her doggy kisses, which Milla loves. ;-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

What a treat this morning to wake up to these precious pictures.----
Your grandbaby is gorgeous.
I love her little feet in the pink shoes.

I really think you should send that picture to Iams Dog Food---It is a prizewinner

You have every right to be proud as punch.

I remember when my grandaughter was that age and now she is 21. I don't know what happened to those years.

thanks for sharing these pictures--

You made my day.

Florence

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 9:26AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Oh Anne, she is precious. I'm so glad you got to visit with her and I'm sure it made your holiday. These are the best years!

Carla

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 9:49AM
theroselvr

Surely the best times, when they start walking & talking. My daughter walked at 9 months, which was much too young.

Love the pink shoes, very dainty & cute. She looks like a future ballerina in the walking shot :)

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 3:09PM
onewheeler(Z5 N.S.)

Oh she is beautiful. I love the pic of her bending over the dog, priceless, the look on that dogs face, poor long suffering thing. LOL Thanks for sharing those, you brightened my day.

Valerie

Bookmark   November 26, 2006 at 6:29PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

I think Milla looks like you! Such incredible red hair :) She looks like the life of the party.

That's hilarious, her signature move with the dog... he looks like "Okay, never saw THAT one before..."

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 11:42AM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Such a little cutie! Thanks for posting these cute pictures this morning.
Kathy

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 12:13PM
AnneCecilia z5 MI

So glad you all have enjoyed my photos. Yes, Milla was certainly the center of our universe this Thanksgiving. It's such an exciting stage and I'm fully aware of how fast these precious years fly. She's making so many "firsts" - it's hard to keep up! (Like I didn't know she had learned to clap hands!) Words she knows are DaDa and Mama and something that sounds like Dog (of course.) My son swears she has been trying to mimic their two dogs' barking. Does that make her bi-lingual, LOL?

(Florence, if I submitted that photo to Iams, I'd have to admit that the can doesn't contain their product!) ;-)

Anne

Bookmark   November 27, 2006 at 9:46PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Lol, yes bilingual! I'm fluent in Siamese cat cos my 'older brother' was a Siamese named Tiger, now that you mention it ;] I LOVE seeing babies grow up with animals... such a fascinating relationship. Just don't let her bark at strangers!

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 6:03AM
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

You should be a proud grandmother. What a cute baby! There is nothing more heartwarming than a baby and the faithful old dog watching over her.

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Roses from highcountry roses - really disappointed
I received my roses from highcountryroses today. It...
bluehaven_gweb
Rainbow Happy Trails
My local nursery has a rose named Rainbow Happy Trails....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™