Mini IU - David's garden

michelle_zone4September 16, 2009

As I mentioned before, it was getting dark and with all the mature trees, I didn't get a lot of great pictures of David's marvelous garden, but here are few. Needless to say the garden was fabulous. They made trip to PA to get some of Inta's garden art which you can see in some of the pictures. The pond is a fairly new addition. As you can imagine, lots of interesting plants and great design. The setting which I understand some of you have seen is wonderful as well. Of course there was wine, good stuff to eat, a dog and cat to round off the gathering in Idyll style.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
triple_creek(z5)

Michelle, David has a welcoming garden. I love the addition of the pond and Intas sculptures. So happy you got to see it in person. Maybe he will pop in and show us some more pictures of it. Yoo hoo, David!.

Norma

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 5:24PM
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

Oh dear, I need a map. I can't picture where the pond is situated!

I'm kicking myself for not getting that exact table and chair set last year for our patio. I really wanted it but let DH dissuade me...

It certainly looks like the guys have been busy and David's touch is evident.

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 5:38PM
saucydog(z5MA)

They certainly have been busy!!!

Yes, GB, a map would be useful.

David, come give us a tour! It's hard to imagine that this is the place where we all tramped through the woods to see where the future garden would be...what 7 years ago?

Time flies!

Thanks for sharing with us, Michelle! I'll bet it was fun to see in person.

Saucy

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 5:55PM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

Fabulous! wonderful pics Michelle! Thanks so much for taking the time to post these.

Deanne

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 7:42PM
michelle_zone4

The first 3 shots are all behind the house. The 4th is looking up from the street. See where the mulch ends on the left and there is a grass path, just a little way down that path is the pond. So it is in the front of the house. In the last picture you can see just a bit of the neighbor's house. There was just so much to see that I could have spent hours perusing it.

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 9:48PM
anitamo(5)

Thanks Michelle. Even with the low light, you still captured some amazing photos. David, your garden is so beautiful. Come join us please, and show more pictures.

Bookmark   September 16, 2009 at 10:12PM
gardeningmary

Fantastic - I can see David's hand with plants and the wonderful hardscaping have worked magic. I love seeing Inta's sculptures feature in so many Idyll gardens. I agree - more, more...

Mary

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 7:34AM
flowerluvr(Z5 IN)

Wonderful to see what the guys have been up to. There seem to be mental pictures lurking around the dusty corners of my mind of the property before anything was done. Great accomplishments! Pop in and give us the low-down, David. Of course, more pictures :)
Brenda

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 10:32AM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

I love that driveway entrance, especially since we don't have much frontage, that is always something on the top of my wish list. [g] Great job on the pond. It's a nice size. Thanks for the photos!

Bookmark   September 27, 2009 at 6:34AM
More Discussions
How much postage is toooo much?
Was happily doing some online shopping today, maybe...
twrosz
pulsatillas
anemones was a better name
daves10z7annv
Please help me figure out what this perennial is called:)
I got this on clearance from lowes a couple years ago...
mrsmodernhousewife
NEWBIES: dealing with heavy clay soil
i praise the Lord.. i have never had to deal with it...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Looking for Dianthus 'Mrs. Sinkins'
Is anyone growing this Dianthus or know where I can...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™