gift box idea needed

andrewlina(Z5)November 22, 2007

My 11 yr old daughter loves makeup! Last year someone gave her some nail polishes and lip glosses in a cute bag. I want to do that this year (only bigger & better). I want a cute idea for a gift box or something to tuck the girly goodies in. Any ideas!? I am drawing a blank! Thanks for any suggestions. Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla17(Z7 NC)

Sephora had a big make up box a while back. May still be offered. Do you have a Sephora store in your city?
They have some cute lines for younger girls and all kinds of gift ideas.

Carla

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 10:38AM
rainlily_sis

How about packing it up with brushes, etc., and giving it an artist's palette theme? I don't know much about how artists pack up their stuff though, haha - that may not be a good idea.

When we give gifts to young girls for their birthday and such, we sometimes will buy a cute purse and pack tons of stuff in it - coin purse, makeup, pen and notepad, gum, etc. When you said 'bag' up there, did you mean purse? If not, maybe just a cute little purse, or a little backpack purse. There are also stuffed animal purses out there, too.

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 11:50AM
andrewlina(Z5)

No,we do not have Sephora stores near me. I never heard of it. I am halfway between Madison & Milwaukee and an hour from Chicago. They might have one there. She is not into brushes and stuff rainlily,that is advanced for her. BUT I like the idea of adding coin purse,gum... I was actually meaning like a gift box or bag,not so much a purse. Thanks for the great ideas! I will look into the Sephora thing. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL.

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 3:37PM
sylviatexas1

Remember old-fashioned hat boxes?

I bet you could find cute ones at a craft store.

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 4:42PM
anntn6b(z6b TN)

Or if she's wanting to sometimes be a more grown up, you want to give her something that would be a keeper, the Shaker boxes are the kinds of containers that can become heirlooms. (Our source is Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill in Kentucky and they mailorder.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Shaker ovals

Bookmark   November 23, 2007 at 7:16PM
mrskjun(9)

What about a makeup case. Looks like a little suitcase with mirror inside the lid and trays to hold the different makeups. You can find these anywhere, Dollar Stores, large drugstores, Wally World. They come in so many colors and styles.

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 7:02AM
More Discussions
Since this Forum is starting over again
I have an idea, lets post or locations and our Zones....
dan_keil_cr Keil
Rose thorn infection update
For those who missed the last thread on the subject,...
alisande
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
What rose is this?!?
First photo is what I'm looking for answers to. I thought...
Selah Kleaning
Do growing conditions affect fragrance *types* in your experience
... I mean like making a clove-smelling rose smell...
laura242424
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™