Goblins and Hobbits and Dwarves oh my

don_socalNovember 27, 2012

Watching the live stream of the grand opening of The Hobbit from Wellington NZ. The whole city is there dressed as Hobbits, Elves and such along a 500 meter red carpet as the cast arrives. 100,000 all very exited for the movies that put their country on the map. Will you watch it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

The Hobbit is the one crossover book, I think. Everyone's read that! Or at least it was the "one", until Lord of the Rings made it to the big screen. I cannot get my son who loves fantasy and scifi to read it. The entire series is sitting on mthe livingroom table from last year's birthday. We will see it just as we've seen the other movies.

That's where my friend (from childhood. We grew up together, military) Charlie lives. He makes movies. He fell in love with the place when he went there to work for Peter on the first LOR movie. He doesn't make those movies any more. He was working on the bloody Spartacus tv stuff, but that series is no longer airing. Wonder what he'll do next? He has beautiful children with his native wife. They all have red ringlet hair. They look like hobbits!

Here is a link that might be useful: Charlie's bio

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:06AM
don_socal

Hi Rob are the two of you still doing the morning yoga? I have read the Hobit and LOTR out loud to Missy a couple of times. Hope I can get her to go to the movie with me.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 1:17PM
pamven(z5neastindiana)

Ive been waiting to see it for several years...ever since i heard Peter Jackson was directing again.
Reading the LOTRs series is quite a task...i always felt i was reading English as another language.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 1:20PM
don_socal

I also read The Silmarilion to her and we learned all about Beren and Luthien and the dragons of ancient Middle earth. The origin of Sauron is also in there falling from being one of the Ainar (sp) to an outcast from the sacred Elvin land to the west where the gold and silver trees were.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 1:42PM
rob333

Thanks for asking Don! We are doing yoga, but it has to be early evening. It's good for us both. Stretching is recommended for my back ailment I've recently gotten diagnosed, so it was good to have it added to my list of physical things to keep me going.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 2:34PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 15 - 15
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 27 - 15
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 26 - 15
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 17 - 15
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Hemsley Garland
Grandin Road
Hemsley Wreath
Grandin Road
Spider-Man Salt & Pepper Shakers
$11.99 | zulily
The Hobbit Cast Ensemble Wall Graphix - RMK2184SLM
$27.99 | Hayneedle
King's Table Wall Sconce No. 1310 by Feiss
$90.00 | Lumens