quotes 12 - 13

don_socalDecember 13, 2012

"Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams."
Kahlil Gibran

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."
Kahlil Gibran

"I have floated in the universe of the infinite and flown in the upper air of the imaginary world. There I was close to the circle with its divine light; here, I am in the prison of matter."
Kahlil Gibran

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

Lots to think over today. Thanks.

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 6:22AM
lilosophie

I love Kahlil Gibran, His philosophy is poetry - enjoying to read and very deep to think about

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 9:10AM
west_gardener

"I am in the prison of matter." I can identify with that part. Sometimes I think I'm in the prison of "stuff", so while taking care of my stuff, I forget to let my mind fly free.

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 6:31PM
mawheel

When my children were in their teens and we were all having some rough times, this quote from Kahlil Gibran helped to save my sanity. I couldn't quote it in its entirety without looking it up, but the first sentence has always stayed with me.

"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you, but not from you and though they are with you, they belong not to you."
Kahlil Gibran

Wise words for any parent to keep in mind.

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 9:40PM
More Discussions
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™