Quote 12-28-13

don_socalDecember 28, 2013

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me.
That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

Albert Einstein all

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Einstein was a wise human who happened to be a scientist, thank you for the illuminating quotes

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 9:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
surya55_gw

Good ones Don!

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
Photos from my recent cruise.
Coral World in St. Thomas. My first time there was...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 2 - 17 - 15
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one...
don_socal
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™