Pond Picture May 22-2011

sandyl(Zone 6B -7)May 22, 2011

Thought I would share my little pond with everyone. Fishies and plants are all happy and well..Enjoy this beautiful day.. Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goodkarma_(5b)

Sandy your pond is very, very pretty! The water is so clear too. In the planting pots....are those roses?

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 8:53PM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

Yes those are Roses in the white flower pots and my pepper plants are in the black pots on top of the bio filter cover. The peppers are up out of my way up there. The water irises are doing great, this is their second year and will need to be devided this fall.

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 3:59PM
annedickinson

Sandy,

What an adorable pond.

Did you make the water fall thing on the bio filter or did you buy it? I am debating whether to try to make one or spend the money on one. I have just a pipe outlet now and if it clogs it causes all kinds of problems.

Anne

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 5:00PM
cliff_and_joann

Lovely pond Sandy, I'm sure you get a lot of
enjoyment from it.
I had to laugh when I saw the roses
in the pots. My hubby does that too...he follows
the sun around the yard and moves the roses all the time.

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 7:47PM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

My little pond sprung a leak after 14 years, that's my little pond in the picture above taken in 2011, so now it's time to do a little remodeling. I have all my fish in a 75 gal holding tank and I also moved the water fall tank and set it up to filter and aerate the water while I do a complete remodel job. I removed everything you see in the above picture and will start over with a clean slate. The pond is going back in the same spot since the electrical outlet is connected to the old pond. I ordered my new 60 mil liner which came in last week. I'll be using 4" x 6" pressure treated lumber to do the rebuild this time, I'll have a trailer this coming Thursday to go pickup everything. I'm having all the lumber cut to size at the lumber yard so hopefully it will go together like a puzzle. Did I just say that? I know that will every happen, nothing ever goes as planned. I hope to have everything done and back up running before fall sets in. The lumber I have ordered will support a 8 x 5 finished pond 3 feet high at ground level. Suppose to be 95 this weekend so not much will be happening in those temps. I'll post pictures of the rebuild as things start coming together. Wish me luck.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 4:20PM
PKponder TX(7b)

Luck and crossed fingers that it goes in as easy as 'cake' :-)

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 11:42PM
Craigger7

Nice Pond Sandy, a very nice touch to the yard.

Craig

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 12:52AM
More Discussions
Spring is slowly getting here
It is 71 degrees outside and all the ice has melted...
frankielynnsie
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
Silicone brand - does it matter?
Hi all! So I'm currently repairing my first pathetic...
jennyb5149
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™