quotes 12 - 27

don_socalDecember 27, 2012

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.
Edgar Allan Poe

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos.
Kerry Thornley

Imagine for yourself a character, a model personality, whose example you determine to follow, in private as well as in public.
Epictetus

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Interesting

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 8:26AM
lilosophie

I like these. I do know that some of the daily routine tasks would be horribly boring if I couldn't daydream or use the imagination to keep my mind occupied "elsewhere"

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 9:03AM
rob333

Some days, all I do is daydream. It can be a means to get me through and most of the time, it's much more fun than reality! I can visit places in dreams that no one else can join or loads of people can join. Quiet, serene places or waves crashing. The ballet or the symphony. Cars honking or snow falling... the rhythms of life.

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 9:11AM
west_gardener

I like the word "Imagination ", but I couple it with possibilities and realities. Not just dreaming.
I'm a knitter, and DS gave me four skeins of yarn , in two different colors, for a christmas present. Each skein is about 109 yards, so that gives me 436 yards of imagination.
It's not about designing a trip to the moon or figuring out the universe, but in a small way, it is imagine what I can do with 436 yards of yarn.

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™