Quote for Wednesday, December 01, 2010

mawheelDecember 1, 2010

How beautiful, how buoyant, and glad is morning.

--L.E. Landon, British Poet and Novelist, 1802-1838

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

You are the optomist today, I think I crawl back in my bed. As many days like this I had, today is not one of them.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 7:26AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

I started well: cats fed, first cup of coffee, aches and pains minor, stove fired up...so far, so good!

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 10:21AM
mawheel

Anneliese, I confess that after posting the quote, I went back to bed for an hour.

My DH rises extremely early, every day, and although I don't get up when he does, I often feel as if I've been short-changed in the sleep dept. (Just knowing he's awake and about at that hour--four a.m.--is enough to make me tired!) By six, he's had coffee, eaten breakfast, and read the newspaper, so wants to get dressed. When he's done, I'll climb back into bed for 30 minutes or so, usually our cat Maggie comes with me!

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 2:31PM
west_gardener

I luv the word "buoyant".It seems to describe a happy feeling. Some mornings I'm buoyant and other mornings it takes some time and work to feel buoyant.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 7:26PM
anneliese_32(6)

Most days I am an absolute morning person and I can count the days I went back to bed. Yesterday I opened the front door after having been up for 5 minutes to let the cat out and get the paper and was greeted by driving sleet right in my face, even the cat backed in again. I got the paper but my morning ramble went back in with me and waited until 4 hours later. I never made it back to bed.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 5:50AM
sweet_betsy No AL Z7(7)

Yes, with the exception of cold, grey, winter Mondays, my least favorite morning of the week.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™