15 December 2010

endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)December 15, 2010

People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained.

Jerome K. Jerome

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mwoods

I love this quote.what a great sense of humor he has and he is right,unless of course murder or something as serious is on one's conscience. Christmas cookies easily make up for the guilt I'm feeling for this year sending cards out only to those I never see or with whom I communicate daily.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 8:20AM
anneliese_32(6)

It worked for me. Baked cookies to send to somebody, then ate them myself because they would break in the mail, since they were very fragil. Send son the recipe instead.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 8:28AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

Guilt is such a wasted emotion. I hate the expression "guilty pleasures" - why does one feel bad about something one enjoys? Feel bad? don't do the thing, feel good about it? then it's ok for you. I will admit to some minor vices, but I don't beat myself up about them.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 9:57AM
mawheel

This may be true, but if my stomach is full b/c I've eaten too much of whatever I shouldn't have, i.e., ice cream, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, corn chips--the list is longer, but I'll stop there--I feel neither happy nor contented. :>(

(Fortunately for my conscience, I truly don't overindulge very often.)

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 1:44PM
More Discussions
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
Happy Birthday, Don!
Have a great Day, a wonderful year. Wishing you improved...
lilosophie
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™