Should this tell me something?

anneliese_32(6)December 21, 2013

My cat Midnight will not eat any canned cat food, She might eat a bite, but that is it. She is supposed to eat something meaty besides her kibbles, so after chicken thighs failed (too much fat) i fed her turkey cutlets, about 2 Tbs a day or chicken breast. Yeah, I know she is spoiled. I cook them for her. What get's me she will eat the meat from 1 national brand but not from another. I would not be able to tell from which brand my chicken comes without seeing the label, the cat never misses.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabriell_gw

My cat won't eat canned cat food or chicken I cook and mince for her. She will eat a little black forest ham from the deli. Also will eat yogurt when I feed it to her on a spoon. I love her and I do feed her with a spoon. I wouldn't want my adult children to know this.

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 5:32PM
mawheel

Our Maggie has never eaten canned cat food; we were concerned about her not getting enough moisture from only the dry food, so the vet suggested we give her--less than a tablespoon--of minced chicken mixed with a little oil. She loves it!--but only if we use canola oil. Gabriel, I put her dry food in the palm of my hand with a little water on it--for more moisture--and that's how she likes to eat!

DH and I don't say Maggie is spoiled, she just knows who's the boss in our house! (And it isn't he or I!)

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 6:46PM
don_socal

They have us worshiping at the cat food isle, best place to meet new friends. Good conversation starter. Had an older cat (17) that was having problems and fed her rice with broth and chopped chicken breast, she loved it. The ready to eat chickens at Costco are cheap and quite large. We tried medicines too but it was just her time.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 11:38AM
mawheel

Don, how nice to 'see' you! Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 1:13PM
rob333

It should tell you that you love that sweet member of your family, who cares enough to stick around as long as they can. Maybe you should only eat what they pick out. They'd want it for you too! Smart babies. I'd have fed Keegan kitty anything he wanted, if only I coulda read his mind. 18 is long enough, I guess. He lived a happy life and that matters too. My Maggie Moo will eat anything as long as it doesn't eat her first. She lived on the streets for awhile and is less than discriminating. Sometimes, she'll beg and beg for whatever I have, finally, I'll give in and "show" her she doesn't want it, but then she'll eat it! I figure once she sniffs fruitcake she'll quit, but nope, she ate it! Glad it was only a morsel. Can't be good for kitties.

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™