Spider plant problem :(

nour_lbDecember 17, 2013

2 weeks ago I put my spider plant inside in the kitchen cuz I read online that it can't tolerant bellow 4 degrees. Yesterday I noticed that part of them are withered and some leaves have brown tips. Is my plant dying? :( and what should I do to save it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
surya55_gw

Is the soil really soggy? Try to hold back watering it and place it in a sunny window if you can. I think it should be fine. I normally don't leave my houseplants outside.... you may want to try the houseplant forum and good luck!

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 10:21AM
rob333

I agree with surya. Spider plants seem to do really well with letting it dry a bit. Good luck! I love variegated spider plants.

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 11:42AM
nour_lb

I did hold back watering (since it is cold now) i water about once a week and it is recieving indirect sun light

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 12:16PM
rob333

Maybe direct sunlight could help it? Hm. Or at least some place warmer. Something to get it pretty dry. Let it get to the point it's dry, and the plant is practically drooping. I do that on an ongoing basis with my spider plant and it flowers constantly. Seems really happy that way.

Luck!

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™