Fractals

anneliese_32(6)December 15, 2010

Do you have a cure for me? I like fractal designs. Last evening PBS had a program on Nova about fractals which explained a couple of things to my mathematical challenged mind. When I went to sleep I was trying to make sense of the sequences and now I don't know if I dreamed all night about it or was half awake thinking about it. All I know I am dead tired and things are going around my brain like a dog catching his tail.

I think I put on some Christmas music and get rid of the flame fractal wallpaper on my computer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)

Mathematics is designed to make one crazy. Those of us who have gleefully embraced it are really, well, yes, Mad Hatters, not that it matters, but it will leave one's mind in tatters.....

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 8:48AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

Anneliese, I don't understand the math behind fractal designs, but I too am fascinated by them. I have a couple of video-tapes, fractal imagaes set to music, and as a relaxer, I love to put them on.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 9:51AM
west_gardener

I'm fascinated with fractals. I don't know how to do the math to created one, but I like to work the fractal generators to create different shapes. The one below is good, because I'm able to download the shapes I've created.
anneliese_, I understand the frustration while tweaking the brain cells. But that's a good thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fractal Generator w/downloadI'm

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 9:04PM
More Discussions
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Water craft around the Caribbean
In the harbor in St. Thomas, USVI.Fred Olsen Cruises'...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™