Friday in Mary's Garden

deanneart(z5Southern NH)September 21, 2006

I wish you all could have come to see MaryÂs wonderful gardens. She had the most fantastic mix of annuals and perennials and loads of fabu-fabu containers. What a treat!

IÂm in love with this double datura and have got to find one next year.

And this purple one is fantastic, I think I need this one too! LOL

Look at these fantastic combinations

If hadnÂt been taking a few things home for Sue I might have tried to Âsneak this one into the car. This passion flower vine container is splendid.

What a treat is was for me to visit with Mary and tour her lovely gardens.

Deanne

PS the food was out of this world too!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

The colour! Would you look at the combinations and the coleus! I'll be down there for sure, but maybe not in winter Mary...

And you'll always know your neighbor, you'll always know your pal
If you've ever navigated on the Erie Canal.

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 6:55AM
Full_Bloom(z5 IL)

Thanks Sue for sharing these! You're garden are lovely Mary...just as I knew they would be! I *love* that agastache with the Red Baron's grass. And that Salvia, sedum? parthenium pic is such a wonderful combination of texture and color! Is that Salvia argentea? Would love to grow some maypops too. My elderly neighbor has the hardy one and had shared a piece with me once, but it didn't make it. Maybe when I give her a cutting of my Brugmansia I can beg another piece of her maypops! I *love* the color of yours....is it fragrant? I hope someday I get the chance to visit your beautiful garden Mary. From these pics I can tell it is as joyful, insightful, and free-spirited as the lovely gardener who created it...a very personal garden...my favorite kind!

Thanks again for sharing Mary & Sue.

Ei

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 8:32AM
Marian_2(Z6 ARKozarks)

Mary's gardens are BEAUTIFUL and you did a great job ( naturally ) of photoing them. The 'full' look is what I strive for, but mine is just a hodge podge, and hers is planted with thought. I wish I had the native passion flower. I attempted to transplant one to this place, but it didn't take. They grew in the fence row where we lived before moving up here.
Thank you for sharing these pics.

Marian

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 8:53AM
michelle_zone4

I just knew Mary would have fabulous gardens! I love the passion flower vine and is that 'Little Honey' next to it? I just love chartruese in the garden, what great foliage combinations she has. Thanks Deanne!

Michelle

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 4:18PM
chloehoover(z6b VA)

Wonderful combinations, Mary. You've been "hiding" your light!!

--Cindy

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 4:19PM
babs_clare

Mary it's so nice to see more of your gardens! Thanks Deanne for getting pics to share here.
So I know yu are a seed starter-are most of these plants from you seeding? Either way I do love your combos-that variegated sedum is nice. I like your use of purples and red and bits of yellow green foliage. I hope someday I can see it in person....hey what about MARY's place for IU4...lolol; )

~Babs

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 4:24PM
martieinct

What great gardens! Lots of ideas clicking around in this head ....

For Deanne -- Datura is A-1 simple to start from seed. I've never had luck transplanting it from a bought plant, but my transplanted seedlings have become close to invasive. You shouldn't have trouble finding one!!

Martie

Bookmark   September 23, 2006 at 12:47PM
yeonasky(z8b VancouverBC)

Wonderful gardens, beautifully photographed, what a fabulous sight for these Idyllthirsty eyes.

Thanks Mary for the gardens and Deanne for photographing them.

Yeona

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 1:51PM
just_t

Mary, your gardens are lovely as I knew they would be. Lush and lovely plants, beautiful colors.

Thank you Deanne for sharing the photos.

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
daves10
true pink or purple oriental poppies
Hi, I've tried to grow pink and purple oriental poppies...
mary_rockland
Winterizing perennials?
Just moved into a new home with lots of established...
chaven
Border Patrol Plants
Border Patrol Plants: those small, front-of-the-border...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
Achillea sun requirements
I planted a couple of these last year and they were...
DandyLioness (CA 9, SZ 14)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™