Quote for Friday, December 03, 2010

mawheelDecember 3, 2010

"One person's mess is merely another person's filing system." --Margo Kaufman, Humorist and Writer, 1954-2000

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

Yup and since I cleaned up my desk I can't find anything.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 9:27AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

I think I am at the stage of messing it up again - it looks so nice "clean" but more cozy when it's messy

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 9:53AM
west_gardener

I have a strict filing system for my "important" stuff, like taxes, bill paying, etc.. Everything is accounted for month to month and year by year. It takes me about 30 minutes at the end of each year to collect my files and prepare for the next year. It gives me peace of mind.
Now, when it comes to my other "important" stuff, like my personal interests, I wing it. That also gives me freedom and peace of mind.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 8:42PM
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

Oh goody - another split personality in the neatnik category :)

My kitchen and sewing area are extremely organized (that's a quote from a friend, I don't know the difference between extreme and normal organization), the storage pantry shelves tend to be, ah, irregular; and now that I'm in the process of casting out not-so-desirables, the books are hither and yon but I really DO know which is where. In other words, they're a mess that only I understand.

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 1:09PM
lilod(NoCal/8)

When I broke my femur, seems ages ago, and my dear family came to help, they couldn't understand my system, so they used theirs and even now, after all this time, there are things I can't find, some may be lost forever. Some methods they thought were weird or quirky really make sense to me, and some changes they instituted just plain don't work and had to be changed back once I was able to run my own household again.
That is why time/motion studies never work, everyone has their own way of setting things up to suit them.

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 11:30PM
coconut_nj

I represent that remark! Another split personality here, somewhat. In the pantry my cans have to be all in their proper rows and correct things on the right shelf, for most of the shelves. Smiles. Spice cabinet, same thing. Sweet related on one shelf, savory on another, odd ball stuff on third. Then there is what Christy calls my 'pit'. Stuff I pile up next to my chair so I can grab it when I'm not walking well. I know what's there and where.

Bookmark   December 5, 2010 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™