So is this a baby donkey tail?

LilBit7765July 14, 2014

Hi I just wanted to see if u was right so I know how to care for it properly. Is it a baby donkey tail? (This is why I hate it when stores group EVERYTHING together with just a sticker that says assorted succulents) but I fel bad for them they had NO light :( the one I'm wondering about is in front. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LilBit7765

This was NOT an easy task, repotting this. I know most succulents are delicate but this gives it a WHOLE new meaning! Lol. Anyway here's another pic by itself to show it better. Thanks :)

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 3:14PM
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

This is a crawling Sedum of some sort. Sedum album is the best known, but unlike yours, it's green-leaved.

Blue-leaved cultivars of this type include Sedum 'Blue Carpet' (which may or may not be the same as Sedum hispanicum 'Blue Carpet'), Sedum dasyphyllum âÂÂBlue Surpriseâ (aka Corsican Stonecrop, Blue Tears Sedum); there are probably many others. The experts on GW's Cacti & Succulents forum may be able to give you a definite ID. [If they say I'm wrong, go with what they say.]

Some of the donkey/burro succulents are Sedums, and at least one is a Sedevaria, but I don't believe yours will grow up to be any of the donkeys/burros.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 12:03AM
LilBit7765

Ok thank you!

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 5:43AM
More Discussions
Late-blooming aster in a Colorado canyon
I shot this in late September in Cache la Poudre Canyon,...
Joe_Pye
Silk flower NOID
Need help to identify what flower this is an imitation...
donrawson
please name this plant
Didn't know this plant.please name it. Thanks in advance...
Tabi77
what sort of mushroom?
I promise I have no intention of trying to ingest this...
toad_ca
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™