It's Raining!!!!

gmatx zone 6December 19, 2011

We are actually getting rain this morning - thank you Lord. Rain had been predicted, or maybe I should say we had been given a high probability percentage of that happening, and it really did. The rain is supposed to turn to snow with steady north wind of 30 mph and gusts up to 45 mps, so there will be whiteouts and drifting. But, it will be WET. Blizzard warnings for entire Texas Panhandle through tomorrow, and only 2 days this coming week above freezing. Hopefully, people will be careful in their travels and other excursions.

Can you tell I'm excited?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Rain in the Texas Panhandle is always good news. Steve in Baltimore County.

Bookmark   December 19, 2011 at 3:20PM
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

Rain, yes,yes, worth cheering if one hasn't seen much of it. But that bit about the windy snow didn't sound good. Take care and enjoy the precipitation from indoors :)

Bookmark   December 19, 2011 at 3:24PM
mawheel

Glad you've gotten some rain, but the weather forecast for the whole southwest region doesn't sound good--blizzard conditions all over the place. I agree with Meldy: enjoy the precipitation from indoors. Maybe bake some cookies to eat while you're watching it snow? :>)

Bookmark   December 19, 2011 at 6:14PM
lilosophie

It's my so-called rainy season and last year we were 110% of normal and this year, a bit of rain early November and not a drop since. Very cold nights, very low humidity, bright sunshine, but not really all that warm. No rain in sight.
The ski resorts in the Sierras are dying, no snow and it's the most busy time if there is snow, they have some machine made, but that's not doing it and expensive to maintain.
No one says the "D" word yet, but all that blue sky and sunshine, welcome in late February and Match, is getting everyone nervous.

Bookmark   December 20, 2011 at 1:17AM
rob333

Merry Christmas! Great present. (wink, wink)

Bookmark   December 20, 2011 at 9:09AM
calliope(6)

It's been raining continually in S.E. Ohio. I'm not complaining, because it is coming down in drops, intead of flakes. But it did impact the harvests last fall. You'll see that reflected in your food costs. My garden never went in last year until nearly summer, then the varmits got it........got it all for the most part.

Bookmark   December 20, 2011 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™