Chicken sitting again.

gandle(4 NE)December 30, 2013

Been gathering the eggs and feeding the chickens for our friends. In 4 days we have 68 eggs. They will be home today. We have been eating just about everything that has eggs as an ingredient, Just had bacon and eggs for lunch. They are so good, when you slide the eggs in the skillet the whites stand up around the yolks. Don't know what the MDA (minimum daily requirement) for eggs is but expect we are exceeding it. Yes, I know there is no MDA for eggs but there should be for daily fresh ones.

Hear that pound cake is on the menu too..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

Wow! That's a lot of eggs--over 5 1/2 dozen, if I'm figuring correctly!

Deviled eggs are good, too, as are egg salad sandwiches.

Maybe you should set up a stand at the end of your drive, unless most folks in your area already have chickens and plenty of eggs, and don't need any more.

George, it's like a breath of fresh air to see and read your posts, again. Hooray for those glasses!!!

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 6:37PM
pkramer60

George, having you back here is like a Christmas present for me. My thanks to you and Leona for getting those glasses.

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 9:13PM
gabriell_gw

My niece and her husband live in an up-scale community and they have chickens as do their friends. I've had a dozen and wish I lived closer. I used mine to make a pound cake and it was wonderful.

These eggs are sold for $5 a dozen, money goes into college fund for their children.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 12:06AM
sweet_betsy No AL Z7(7)

Your chicken sitting story reminds me of a fun time in my family. My children who were raised on two acres on the edge of a small town never had the advantage of feeding chickens and gathering eggs as we had growing up. When visiting my aunt and uncle, my children were given the opportunity of visiting the livestock, picking beans and watermelons and tromping in the woods. When my uncle took them out to collect the eggs, they returned to tell us that they had been "picking eggs". Of course, from then on we never gathered eggs anymore. We "picked" them too.

I love your stories, A lot of them make me remember my happy childhood on a small farm. Thanks and good to "see" you again.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 9:09AM
lilosophie

My small flock of chickens has an addition, an
Americuna (sp) hen, we named her Martha in honor of Martha Steward, who had a hand in developing this breed.
Martha lays green eggs - so it's really possible to have green eggs and ham - though the inside is like all eggs.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™