He told her we are through with your book. Kind of slow readers.

gandle(4 NE)December 21, 2011

I was going through a box of kids books that we used to read to our kids and to the grandkids when I found a book "Ann Can Fly". Didn't remember our childrn ever having that book. I opened the cover and written inside was Amy Adams. We lived next door to the Adams's for years and our 2 girls and their 3 used to play schoola t both houses and I suppose it wound up at our house then.

We knew where Amy works so yesterday we took it back. She is now 59 and guesses she might have been 10 when the book wound up at our house.

She told George "you really are slow readers" and thanked us, promising to read it to her grandkids.

Afraid that says something about my housekeeping, not noticing something out of place for perhaps the last 49 years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

Leone, I'm sure hoping Any had a big smile on her face as she made that statement to George! Trust me, it doesn't say a thing about your housekeeping, except that you're a careful person who doesn't throw things away with checking them, first!

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 6:24PM
mawheel

I meant to say "WITHOUT checking them, first". I didn't proofread very carefully before I clicked on "Submit". Sorry about that.

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 6:30PM
west_gardener

What comes to mind is the saying "all in good time". and another one, when it's right it's right.IMO, you did the a good thing.

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 8:20PM
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

My first thought was, 'oh wow! you still have the kids' books from 50 years ago!'

The second thought was just a mix of admiration and amazement that you could locate the owner. Between the local farms being sold for tract housing, military families moving in and out of the neighborhoods, and the death rate of various wars and 'actions', I couldn't locate any of DH's friends (other than her BFF who remains in this area), much less any child I knew in school. I guess that's one of the big differences between living in a stable community and the non-stop movement of local suburbs.

Bookmark   December 22, 2011 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™