There must be a holiday around the corner

anneliese_32(6)December 20, 2013

For some reason or the other my kitchen appliances hate holidays or days where performance is of importance.
My last stove quit on a Thanksgiving morning, my refrigerator when my husband was due home after a hospital stay and I was not home and now my range is working only on high since yesterday evening - all 4 burners!
So I had to order a new one, what I want not due until the Dec 30. Just good that the oven still works for the Christmas Eve baked shrimp and my son will run down the road and pick up 5 portions of French Fries. Christmas Day is just my husband and I and the pre-cooked ham I get tomorrow will get heated in the microwave, the veggies ditto and the potatoes go in the oven.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

At least you don't have a houseful! I remember your problems with appliances quitting at the most inconvenient time, a bummer for sure.
One of the feed-store customers gave Joann a goose, he had been hunting and had more than he could use, so we may just have wild goose for Christmas dinner, I have been checking recipes, seems if stuffed with apples and onions and low heat roasted one can't go wrong.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 6:38PM
west_gardener

anneliese, I also remember you posting about your gremlin appliances in the past. I must say you are very inventive when it comes down to putting a meal on the table.
Lilo, yes, apples and onions are a good with wild goose, I'd add a few pitted prunes for the sweetness of the bird and the gravy.
I speak from experience, and I do hope the bird was "plucked" before you got it. I spent hours plucking the bird and said never again. But once it was stuffed and roasted, it was delicious.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 7:15PM
don_socal

Low and slow on a smoker sounds good, also a good backup.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 11:53AM
rob333

Hello robb, since I could not find anyone else with an e-mail addr, I ask you please tell the Garden Party that I wish everyone at the Garden Party that I wish them all Merry Christmas. I have not defected but my holiday luck is here to stay. My laptop is in the computer hospital and the Garden Web don't accept posts from my husband's computer. Great that Don is back! Thanks robb, Anneliese

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 9:11PM
west_gardener

Thanks for the post rob, and I'm glad that Anneliese was able to get together with you.
Now, what to do to help Anneliese back to the GP?
Any suggestions, anyone?

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™