Copper, algae, and toad pond
I was over on another forum reading about bird baths. Someone on this forum suggested a place also for the birds and that they will also eat a lot of bugs, so I thought I would research what they might need ... but I digress. : )
Several on that forum were complaining about algae in their birdbaths. It was suggested to put pennies or a copper tube in the bird bath to reduce algae.
I had PLANNED on turning a copper watering can I have into a "spout" with the tubing going in the bottom and out the watering spout directed at the pond.
Because so many suggested that copper retards algae and I read on this forum that tadpoles eat the algae, should I use something else? I don't want to accidentally starve the little buggers.