what is this flower seedling?

blwagnerJuly 2, 2014

I planted some cypress vine a while back and only one plant came up, so I threw more seeds down and what came up looks nothing like cypress vine. Can anyone tell what this is?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisonoz_gw

Look like morning glory seedlings. Could well be cypress vine - also ipomoea - only that you are seeing juvenile leaves at this stage.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 8:14PM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

googling images of cypress vine ... as i never heard of it... what about that lone straggler at about 2 oclock on the pic.. could that be your vine??? .. the thing that looks like a fleck of grass???

using the latin name.. will get you further.. when using the WWW ... especially in regard to seedling pix ... common names can become very problematic .... sometimes ...

ken

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 8:17PM
blwagner

Thank you for the reply. The seeds I planted originally came from the same package but looked like this when it came up. I am confused :\
Same family though, right?

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 8:24PM
blwagner

Thanks Ken. The one that came up looks like this now. New ones are to the right.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 8:28PM
alisonoz_gw

Yes the one with the fine fern-like leaf is Ipomoea quamoclit - what you have referred to as "cypress vine". There is another small-flowered red one that does look more like a morning glory leaf, and that's Ipomoea hederifolia - which might be what you have on the right. But certainly they appear to be some type of ipomoea

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
Help to identify this truly silver shrub please
This is growing in a south facing front garden. Partially...
amyrodwyer
Help ID the 4 Plants in this flower bed
I am trying to ID the plants in this bed. I'm fairly...
btalarczyk
Identifying Plant
Any help identifying this plant would be appreciated....
Sari Lomax
I think it's an Aloe? Help please!
Would love some help on this succulent. I think it's...
seejay1986
Name that plant/cacti??
I got this and have no clue what it is. It started...
GartenZwerg
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™