Bullfrog eating a bird

ademink(z5a-5b Indianapolis)June 12, 2013

For those of you who aren't believers.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
butterfly4u

Awesome!
Thanks for posting that.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 12:07PM
frankielynnsie(7B)

That is why I do not want any bull frogs. One year a bull frog migrated in and ate all of the last year's baby fish. Our neighbors behind us have an in ground pool that they do not use and it is full of nasty water, frogs and mosquitoes. I heard a bull frog strumming his rubberband over there the other night and had a feeling of terror. He might hear my water splashing and come my way. I hope not.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 2:18PM
ademink(z5a-5b Indianapolis)

I've had zero problems w/ losing any fish of any size to a bullfrog in 10 years. They prefer stuff outside of the water. :)

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 2:42PM
duddlydoright

I have seen my bullfrogs eat both birds and a fish here and there. Could we get more pond pics

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 12:19PM
duddlydoright

I have seen my bullfrogs eat both birds and a fish here and there. Could we get more pond pics

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 12:20PM
sunflowersrus222(7a Pa)

I had an actual video of a bullfrog in our pond eating a bird. Our neighbors didn't believe us when I told them. I kept finding bird parts floating in our pond and then saw the bullfrog snatch a bird and drag it to the bottom. They hold it till it doesn't move and eat as much as they can. What doesn't make it into the belly of the frog floats...or sinks. We used to love having frogs around our pond but after seeing that we now catch them and run them across to the river and let them go. Every year another one shows up at our pond and my kids have fun trying to catch it. Then they run across the street with a big frog in a net screaming and laughing and let it go in the river. lol Its always very entertaining to see who gets the better of whom. lol

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 5:29PM
christripp

OMG, I had NO idea they would go after something like a bird, only pictured flies and mosquito's. My childlike perception of frogs is shattered:(
I have only once had a frog (not bullfrog, thankfully) show up in my pond, over a 20 year span. I have no idea where it came from.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 8:34AM
More Discussions
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™