neanthe bella (parlor palm) seeds... So confused!!!

txtyegrrFebruary 15, 2013

So, I bought some parlor palms the other day, and waiting for them to come in the mail. I got 30 of them... I thought it was SOOO crazy I got 30, what am I gonna do with 30 palm trees, but it was cheaper that way.
Well, as I am waiting for the seeds to come in (By mail) I get to thinking (Usually not a good idea lol) What if one stalk is one seed? Which is why some only have like 5 stalks, and some have a bunch (I just bought a tiny one, and there are tons of stalks). So, I guess that is my question. Does one seed equal 1 stalk, or does one seed equal a full plant that I see everywhere?

On a related note, I also have 5 boston fern cuttings, will that branch off into a full plant, or do I need to add them together???

Thank you for any light that can be shed on this... I am a single mom and we do all kinds of projects (I and my 5 y/o daughter) and I think I have stepped a head a bit too fast without thinking on this one....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Single seed = single stem unless you keep pinching back at the nodes to force development of secondary stems. Best to plant in small cluster. Same for ferns although the root ball, once mature enough will generate new branches if not planted too deeply.

Dave

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 3:06PM
More Discussions
Germinating Begonias, Imps, & Pets.......
Been propagating from seed for 5-6 years now.... Surface...
cugal
Growing Chesnuts from nut
This time last year I bought about four chestnuts from...
mccommas
Also why are my seedings growing towards the window instead of up?
I planted some morning glory's and sensitive plants. I...
tlbean2004
Petunia seedlings' leaves curling
My petunia seedlings are tiny and have curled up leaves,...
Jennifer
Potting up seedlings ?
I have started my seeds in 'organic seed starting mix'...
youngdb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™