please name this plant

hmflores2July 16, 2014

please help me identify this little shrub or plant in san antonio texas. thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fregnacious(10b)

Looks like a little Wax Begonia that's been abused...

Here is a link that might be useful: Wax Begonia

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 10:20PM
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

We identified this plant for you on Monday. We said it is Begonia semperflorens. The id hasn't changed since then ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Duplicate post your previous request

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 4:56AM
hmflores2

thank you for identifying the plant name for me. I know i posted twice but i wanted to upload a clearer picture of the plant. anyone have any tips on taking care of it - i have it in a nice sized pot with new potting soil but it gets really hot here in SA. I am just not wanting to overwater it. please send any tips to grow this little shrub. thanks.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 1:23AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

a begonia is not a shrub... it is an annual in many parts of the north.. and i wouldnt be surprised if its not perennial in its native areas ....

and it is a part shade plant in MI ... and you are in TX ... site it accordingly ....

it is a heavy water user.... and it will not like full... hot.. sun.. if the media dries out in the afternoon ... so sight it to be in shade.. in the heat of the day ... especially after a transplant ...

see you in the perennial or annual forum.. if you want more advice... you now have your ID ...

at some point.. you will have to do a little research.. on your own... see link ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 10:31AM
hmflores2

thank you for identifying the plant name for me. I know i posted twice but i wanted to upload a clearer picture of the plant. anyone have any tips on taking care of it - i have it in a nice sized pot with new potting soil but it gets really hot here in SA. I am just not wanting to overwater it. please send any tips to grow this little shrub. thanks.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 11:57AM
gardengal48

Wax begonias are considered annuals, hardy only in zone 10 or higher. Will never grow very large and will never develop any sort of woody framework, so not a shrub :-)) And of all begonia species, these are the most sun tolerant and will grow in full sun easily if provided with sufficient water. Enjoy it until temps hit around 40F or lower.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
Silk flower NOID #3
Need help to identify what flower this is an imitation...
donrawson
Can Anyone ID this Disease on My Iris
Need help identifying the problem with these iris.
btalarczyk
Please let me know the plant name
Hey This is an aquatic plant with obovate leaves and...
nus12
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™