Have you seen my froggie?

erniemJune 10, 2011

Two summers ago I got my first tadpoles. Both changes to frogs but only one stuck around. He got big(!) and over wintered at the bottom of my pond two years running.

I last saw him beginning of last week. Over the weekend I mentioned him to my backyard neighbor. Sure nuf, they saw a huge frog on their patio that week, they even took pictures.

I guess mister big froggie went looking for a misses.

Good luck little buddy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pcan

Yes, Good Luck Mr. Froggie! I hope you find what you are looking for :)

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 2:55PM
catherinet(5 IN)

They come and they go.........

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 5:59PM
hardin(7 SE OK)

Then they come back...This is my 3rd year with the pond. First year, I only had a couple American Toads. Second year, I had more American Toads, a Northern Leopard frog, 2 small frogs that I haven't identified yet, a female bullfrog and several Gray Tree Frogs that were brought to me by coworkers who found them in the building where I work. The building gets sprayed often and they gave them a chance. This year I have had all the above, just in larger numbers. Plus a small green frog who is new. They were all going one night, and I loved listening to them. The toads and frogs both laid eggs in the pond which all hatched. Toads lay in strings and frogs lay them in a mass. I am now watching where I step as they are very, very tiny. My toads are all over the yard. One was sitting within three feet of me, watching me plant flowers. Each night, I can look around all of my landscape lights and there they are catching bugs. I love them all, although I let them be. Who knew?

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 10:47PM
koiboi(z5Iowa)

Thats a lot of "Bull" frog. FYI, I too raised two tadpoles into full sized bullfrogs.. I called them Pat and Mike. The last time I saw Pat, his rear feet were extended out of Mikes mouth.. He ate his buddy who was his identical size. Great bird eaters too. Not really a great pond friend.
Fish too are on their plate if desired. As well as any small rodents, mice, etc.
Happy Trails..
And ponding.

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 12:20PM
goodkarma_(5b)

Hope he comes back with the misses.

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
My fish is sick - treating for dropsy
Am attempting to treat one of my fish... classic dropsy...
kashka_kat
Hardiest Nelumbo?
Any idea if there is one variety of Asian Nelumbo that's...
fireweed22
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
Overwintered Goldfish
So I have a small outdoor pond which I've had for 5...
MrBlubs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™