Homemade Christmas or Holiday cards? Anyone make these?

irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)November 9, 2005

HI. I'm looking for really pretty homemade Christmas cards. I'm not crafty but would like to send my friends something different that is handmade by someone who is talented and creative.

I'm looking for about 30 cards w/envelopes.

If you know of anyone who does this please let me know.

Thanks

Maureen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
just_t

Hi Maureen, have you considered looking at for them at a local holiday bazaar? I bet you'd find some there and be helping out a local crafter.

T.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 10:31AM
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

When I was small, my mother used to buy black & white lithographed cards from the Metropolitain Art Gallery in New York. I recall one that portrayed a stable scene, another of angels- but not all of them were Christmas based because they were sent to friends of all religions. She then hosted a party of close friends and we sat around the diningroom table and watercolored them. I still think that is a nice touch- and a happy memory!

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 10:42AM
just_t

That does sound neat GB. Did you get to keep one?

Another idea, not as nice as GB's but wouldn't need any crafting skills is to get plain cards & envelopes (places like Michaels or Joanns sells them), glue photos you've taken on the front and write your greeting inside. Easy, quick and personalized.

T.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 11:03AM
michelle_zone4

Interesting that you would mention photos T. What I have been doing is making a half fold card on the computer with a colored border around a photo from my garden. You can add any text you want. The people that I have given them to have raved about them.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 11:51AM
natvtxn(z8BTX)

I recently acquired this family photo. I am going to get my son to help me make cards on the computer.
The man is my g. grandfather.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 1:10PM
enchantedplace

Maureen...If there is an arts and crafts association in your area they might be able to put you in touch with someone nearby. We have appreciated work of our local artists and I have enjoyed doing things for personal use. Hope you will give us follow up. natvtxn.. that sure is a special photo. EP

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 1:23PM
cynthia_gw

Terrific old photo NT! It took me a while to even 'see' the adults. What a unique composition. Very special.

IRG, if you have kids, could you have them draw a holiday picture and then reproduce that for cards? Wonderful for the children's self-esteem and also something that would be very special to those who receive it.

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 7:33AM
natvtxn(z8BTX)

That's a cool idea, to have kids draw a picture.

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 10:45AM
rose28282000

i love handmade christmas cards. i make them every year for all my family members. also, i make ornaments and stockings. it's so easy and you can do almost anything - be as creative as you want. here is some of the stuff i made. what do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: handmade christmas stuff

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 10:31PM
More Discussions
Please tell me about baptisia?
I've occasionally seen these plants in local gardens,...
twrosz
What plant are you anxiously awaiting the return of in the spring?
Well, maybe not *anxiously* awaiting but awaiting nevertheless. For...
mxk3
Lilies are blooming in parks now!
Pictures taking in Southern China.
jujujojo_gw
Potentilla question
Does anyone have experience with Potentilla fruticosa...
waynez5_ia
How about 'SUPERthrive'?
Anybody use this stuff? I bought it but not sure if...
casi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™