Anyone have some suggestions on how to prevent/stop fungi from causing seedlings to wick? I have two flats of coleus sprouts and in both flats it looks like I've lost 20-25% of my sprouts to fungal wick, at least I'm assuming it is fungal since they are most definitely not stretched (I lost an entire flat last year to stretch-wick and have since corrected my lighting).
My first flat was done with a home brew mix (3 parts sand to 1 part compost and a light dusting of azomite to the entire batch), but when I started seeing the wicking, I decided to use a store-bought mix for the second flat. In both cases the flats themselves were new. The chances of cross contamination are very small as I have kept the two flats seperate from each other. The survivors of the first flat are now starting to go through their color changes, but have yet to form their first true leaves, so I am hesitant to spray with anything stronger than distilled water. But if there is some way to reduce my chances of losing sprouts to fungi or prevent this 'crop' from suffering further loses, I would love to hear about it.