If You Could Only Have 5 Roses, Which Would They Be?
I have a sister-in-law who is just now getting into roses (thanks to me), and she was asking which of mine were my favorites. I feel like I always jump around and seem to have about 50 favorites...well she made me really think about it, and pick 5 that I cannot live without. As I've said before, I've only been seriously growing roses for I guess going on four years now, but I've formed some definite opinions. I'm just curious which roses everyone else cannot live without :)
Here's what I narrowed mine down to:
1. Balinda's Dream: has always been healthy and vigorous, and I love the baseball sized blooms!
2. Glamis Castle: I know other's may disagree, but its been healthy and a great repeat bloomer for me!
3. Cinco de Mayo: A new addition this year. I don't think it was ever without a bloom all season, was vigorous, and has a to-die-for candyapple scent!
4. The Burgundian Rose: Although I wish it bloomed more, I still love its little pompom blooms, and small healthy foliage.
5. Mutabilis: VERY healthy, I love its shape, and the way the blooms change color is stunning!
(Souv de St Anne's, Distant Drums, Armide, Rouge Royal, Father Hugo and Louis Phillipe came in just below the cut...)