November Garden

michelle_zone4November 21, 2009

In late fall you need to look a little harder to find the beauty in the garden. It's amazing to me though that its nearly December and I can still find things to enjoy in my garden. Here are a few.

For Drema, a shot of my new kitchen door minus the trim. We all wait LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_zone4

For some reason these two got missed.

Bookmark   November 21, 2009 at 9:32PM
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

What fun! I'm glad you found time to WALAT and share!

Beautiful door!

Bookmark   November 21, 2009 at 10:32PM
candy_j

Thanks Michelle...I really needed some garden shots; been missing them already. Everything here has pretty much turned to mush and I removed most of it today. Amazed at the color you have but especially so much plantlife.
Will have to take a closer look when I'm outside tomorrow.

Bookmark   November 21, 2009 at 11:36PM
dodgerdudette

Great photos Michelle ! The ladybug shot is outstanding--It is kind of interesting how similar our gardens are right now- seems like the same stuff is growing . And also note that harvest has been a done deal here for a few weeks and yet you and Brenda are still picking.

Kathy in Napa

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 12:04AM
chelone

LOVE the ladybug shot. I have pretty much the same things hangin' on here, Michelle. And you're right, there is plenty to see if you make the time to look past the already toppled foliage.

Lol about the trim; lots of that sort of thing here, too. :)

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 6:20AM
lmcilhargie

I loved touring your late, late autumn garden. There is still lots to look at out there at this time of year isn't there? I noticed that when I did a walk through mine yesterday. I really like your new door. The trimwork's always easy to put off I think.

Eden

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 9:24AM
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

But if the trim and other details got done, then we'd think up new stuff to do.....

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 4:24PM
triple_creek(z5)

Michelle, good to hear you had a good day to be in the garden. I dashed out this morning to plant the last of my bulbs. I still have blooms on one Rozanne and a couple of knockouts. Thats a very nice door. I love the window in it.

Norma

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 6:28PM
michelle_zone4

In Rick's defense I should mention that after the new flooring went in we weren't able to have a rug in front of the door, so Rick raised the whole thing up so now the old trim is about 1/2" too short so we are now just finishing up the varnish on the new trim.

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 11:30PM
ctlavluvr

Love the pansies with the lambs ear, or is it a Salvia? At any rate, I'm going to copy the combo next Spring :-) Beautiful door!

Martie

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 10:17AM
drema_dianne(z6OH)

Michelle, thanks for posting the door pic. Made me feel right at home:) Now the boys are telling me that I stained the wood the wrong color. Methinks it is a procrastination thing....

Thanks for the pics of your garden. I love the way it flows. The lady bug pic is adorable.. and what is that last plant? I think Eden posted a begonia that sort of looked like that, and I have been trying to identify the name ever since I lost track of her picture. I love the leaf shape. It seems like when we have less burst of color to look at we notice the texture more.

Thanks for the treat!
D.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 6:09PM
michelle_zone4

Martie, you were right with the lamb's ear. The violas reseed in that bed and a few are making a repeat appearance this fall.

Drema, that's tirrella wherryi.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 9:09PM
Marian_2(Z6 ARKozarks)

Very nice pics, Michelle. I espacially like the fall blossums. And The Tiarella leaves are really pretty.
Beautiful door.

Bookmark   November 24, 2009 at 6:25PM
saucydog(z5MA)

There is still lots to see in the November garden! Thanks for sharing, Michelle.

I just got the trim on my back door done...it had been undone for almost 2 years! I admire it everytime I walk into the kitchen. Perhaps I wouldn't appreciate it so if I hadn't waited for so long! :)

Saucy

Bookmark   November 24, 2009 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
What plant are you anxiously awaiting the return of in the spring?
Well, maybe not *anxiously* awaiting but awaiting nevertheless. For...
mxk3
Mason Bees)
Does anyone here encourage Mason Bees to stick around...
mikerno_1micha
How about 'SUPERthrive'?
Anybody use this stuff? I bought it but not sure if...
casi
PSA: Please set up messaging feature in your profile!
Not sure if you guys are aware you are able to do this....
mxk3
daves10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™