Shiroman lotus

garyfla_gw(10 Florida)July 12, 2014

Hi
Got a tuber in Jan . In spite of the exceptionally warm winter and large container seems to be struggling .
Has just now started to produce standing pads and are still unde r4 in diameter. Seems to be spreading rather than growing up.
Supposedly it's 6/8 feet tall.. Beginning to think it's the wrong type Would there be a way to tell from just the pads??
Hardly think 4 inch pads under a foot is "giant" lol
Maybe I'm being impatient?? thanks gary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cliff_and_joann

Post a pic of it.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 2:11PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
Pic of what?? there are only a few floating pads that are dying and 3 standing . Haven't grown lotus in many years
but the thing that I remember is the growth rate VERY fast lol Those were medium and dwarf hybrids
So far the pads look i the same as the small types . Do you think you can tell the variety by the pads??
maybe I'm being impatient but 8 months of growth shouldn't I be seeinhg some very large pads by now??
Supposedly this is a giant variety i could post a pic of the sickly undersized pads ?? or do you mean the tuber?? Thanks gary

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 2:56AM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
Now this is more like it!! Still a long way to go but headed in the right direction gary

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 4:09AM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
as long as i have been gardening you'd think I'd learned to be patient ??lol Put out 3 pads standing over 4 feet and 18 inches in dia.. seems odd that it took so long to start . anyway it's really growing now gary

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Overwintered Goldfish
So I have a small outdoor pond which I've had for 5...
MrBlubs
Silicone brand - does it matter?
Hi all! So I'm currently repairing my first pathetic...
jennyb5149
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™