Bands and the greenhouse

Kippy(SoCal zone 10. Sunset Zone 24)February 12, 2013

My unheated greenhouse is fill with little more than bands in 1g pots and cuttings in cups right now. For the 10-day forecast the weather is high 30's to low 40's.

BUT I need to move the greenhouse later this week. It is a pvc homemade beast so with a dozen cuts I plan on taking the top off and moving it in two sections.

Would the cold damage the cuttings? Guessing I will only have help moving the greenhouse late on Thursday, so it will be Friday before I know I can have it either back together or redesigned in to two green houses (something I am thinking of doing) I can probably slip the trays with roses under the top, but they will be on the ground.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerijen(Zone 10)

Kippy, are these already-rooted? Or do you mean New cuttings?

Jeri

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 3:55PM
Kippy(SoCal zone 10. Sunset Zone 24)

Jeri, they are new burrito cuttings that have been in pots for anything from 1 week to a month and my bands.

I am thinking it will be colder in the top half of the green house with it sitting on the ground that they are in the green house right now as it is.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 5:55PM
seil zone 6b MI

If you have a really warm spot against the house, maybe a south facing wall, you could put them there temporarily.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 7:47PM
jerijen(Zone 10)

Kippy -- In TX, we saw the "greenhouses" in which ARE overwinters their new cuttings. They weren't more than 4-ft. tall. Hoop houses. LOW! And believe me, it gets a lot colder there than it does in S.B.

In the temps we're expecting, I don't expect a problem for you. Our incredible cold would be laughed-at by most of the country.

Take a hint from the local farmers, and make sure everything is well-hydrated, and you should probably be fine.

Jeri

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
Can you message me or anyone else?????
I made sure to check, "allow users to message...
jasminerose4u, California
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
Fortuniana grafted roses
If you can grow rose's that are grafted onto fortuniana...
Ken (N.E.GA.mts) 7a/b
Pruning vigorous HTS in soCal
Hi, Usually a 'lurker' on the forum. I am a gardener...
raingreen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™