Atlantic Water Gardens customer service stinks

mgmineJuly 26, 2013

A warning to those that may be considering purchasing a product made by Atlantic Water Gardens. DON'T do it. I bought a can of their waterfalls foam for $16.00 dollars. Not a huge sum but not cheap either. The can was defective so I went on line to find a number to call. I made two calls the first I left a voice mail but never received an answer. The second was to a customer service manager. After explaining the problem his solution was to take it back to the store. Now why didn't I think of that! Because to take it back, would have involved over 40 miles of driving. I told him that and his reply was simply silence. I'm glad I learned my lesson on something small and not a skimmer. I can imagine them telling me to dig a skimmer out and take it back because a minor problem that could be solved if they simply mailed out a part.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chas045(7b)

Sorry about the hassle. However, next time just get a can of 'great stuff'. Yes it is beige, not black; but it will get covered with stuff and junk (algae) and you won't see it in a while.

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 6:33PM
CaraRose

And trust me, the atlantic water garden stuff turns that beige color pretty quickly after exposure to the elements. Think it took a week for me.

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 11:07PM
deeebert

If you are in the Atlanta area try Splendor Koi in Marietta, I think they also have an online business. The products, fish and all materials are first rate and the staff is beyond good. I am a very satisfied customer. They built my ponds and we get all of our fish there. It is the only place I would buy fish and we also get our pond supplies there.

Bookmark   July 27, 2013 at 7:07AM
diggery(z8)

What chas said. It's well under $4 at the big box stores. As I've said before, stick the word 'pond' in front of anything and the price doubles or triples (or more than quadruples, this this case). It pays to research before purchasing. There's always a better way.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Customer Service has, on occasion, outweighed price for me.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
New 50g pond in SE FL...fish & plant suggestions?
Hi, My SO just installed a new in-ground pond in our...
sumognat
Overwintered Goldfish
So I have a small outdoor pond which I've had for 5...
MrBlubs
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
Container water gardening step X step
Here's a weekend project for anyone that wants to add...
thepondfather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™