What is this vine?

Tortugas1July 5, 2011

Hello all. I'm new here. I am wondering if anyone knows the name of this vine. It is growing in a pot here, but it is also growing around the pond in the soil. But the plant in the water is definitely a bigger, healthier plant.

Okay, since I can't figure out how to post an image, I will describe it. It is a vine with leaves that resemble parsley, but a bit larger and lighter green, and yellow buttercup-like flowers in the spring. I'll post the pic if I can figure out how to do that. :]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chris_in_ct

Sounds like creeping jenny to me.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 4:52PM
maryo_nh(z5 SouthernNH)

maybe water celery? not really a vine but has long stems. The golden jenny's leaves are rather round.

:) MaryO

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 8:27PM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

Since you said the flower looks like a buttercup, I looked up buttercup. The leaves of the creeping buttercup do resemble parsley. Is this it?

By the way, there are some very strange definitions for buttercup.

Here is a link that might be useful: Creeping Buttercup

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 3:49PM
AngelDodd

I live in Texas and right now my pond is being taken over by Duckweed and some sort of vine that I am trying to figure out how to get rid of. Only problem is I haven't a clue of what the vine is. It is growing all arount the outskirts of the pond and also out into it. We have manually removed it from the pond but "manually" it will be impossible to get it out of the dirt around the edges of the pond. I have seen no flowers on it and it floats on top the water about every four or five inches or so there is what I would say looks like a rose bud but it is just leaves. Underneath it has kind of hairy roots if you will and these white spongy like roots. I need help fast and I have a picture of it, but I guess I cannot post the pic unless I know what it is, kind of useless to not be able to do so. If somebody can help me figure out how I would post a pic. Thanks

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 3:25PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

Water celery has white flowers that look like queen anne's lace

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Hardiest Nelumbo?
Any idea if there is one variety of Asian Nelumbo that's...
fireweed22
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™