Cactus & Succulent Assortment

HolmesTHAugust 18, 2014

I purchased these plants and want to know more about them. Could someone help me identify them? Also if you have any suggestions on taking care of them that would be great too! Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Clockwise starting at 9 o'clock, Gasteria or Gasteraloe, possibly 'Green Ice', 12 noon I forget, 3 o'clock is Aloe hybrid possibly 'Delta Lights' or 'White Fox', 6 o'clock is something like Gaptopetalum paraguayense, or a Graptopetalum/Echeveria hybrid, probably the former.

Of these plants, all are low-water plants that cannot take temperatures much below 32F; Gasteria/Gasteraloe is more of a shade plant while the others are more in the morning-sun/afternoon shade range for care. Indoors as much bright indirect light as possible year round for all of them; if the growth starts to stretch out you need to provide more light.

Make sure the mix they are planted in is gritty and free-draining. Often these things come planted in something like straight peat which is going to make them rot. Mist lightly on a regular basis to prevent spider mite infestations, Water maybe one every couple of weeks, watch and treat for mealybugs aggresively.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 4:00PM
More Discussions
Help ID the 4 Plants in this flower bed
I am trying to ID the plants in this bed. I'm fairly...
btalarczyk
Late-blooming aster in a Colorado canyon
I shot this in late September in Cache la Poudre Canyon,...
Joe_Pye
Silk flower NOID #3
Need help to identify what flower this is an imitation...
donrawson
Unknown five petaled flower
Growing and blossoming in FLorida now.
zorba_the_greek
what kind of lemon orange is this?
it is not lemon, but it has the lemon scent, and it...
preppystud
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™