Cactus & Succulent Assortment

HolmesTHAugust 18, 2014

I purchased these plants and want to know more about them. Could someone help me identify them? Also if you have any suggestions on taking care of them that would be great too! Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Clockwise starting at 9 o'clock, Gasteria or Gasteraloe, possibly 'Green Ice', 12 noon I forget, 3 o'clock is Aloe hybrid possibly 'Delta Lights' or 'White Fox', 6 o'clock is something like Gaptopetalum paraguayense, or a Graptopetalum/Echeveria hybrid, probably the former.

Of these plants, all are low-water plants that cannot take temperatures much below 32F; Gasteria/Gasteraloe is more of a shade plant while the others are more in the morning-sun/afternoon shade range for care. Indoors as much bright indirect light as possible year round for all of them; if the growth starts to stretch out you need to provide more light.

Make sure the mix they are planted in is gritty and free-draining. Often these things come planted in something like straight peat which is going to make them rot. Mist lightly on a regular basis to prevent spider mite infestations, Water maybe one every couple of weeks, watch and treat for mealybugs aggresively.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 4:00PM
More Discussions
This plant is finally going to bloom! What is it ?
Anyone know what it will look like? Thanks folks
lizzieroux
What is this ornamental plant?
This is a tree that is growing in my neighbor's home....
frugal_gardening
Fat taproot, smooth-leaf basal rosette - ID it before friend eats it!
Anyone know this one? Growing in upper SC & the...
sustainahillbilly
Does anyone know what tree this is? its blooming now?
My neighbor has this tree and the flower buds opened...
tlbean2004
Sponsored Products
Elske Green 18 x 18 Floral Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Cactus Medium Table Lamp by Slamp
$299.20 | Lumens
Palm Beach Area Rug
FRONTGATE
Alamo Saddlery Turquoise Gator Headstall - 2071-JGT
$68.00 | Hayneedle
Microfiber 3-piece Duvet Cover Set
Overstock.com