Narrow, tall hedge for screening - no pines or arborvitae
We want to plant a privacy hedge. Our requirements:
* At least 12 feet tall.
* Would prefer to keep trimmed into a solid wall no taller than 12-14 feet.
* As narrow as possible -- only 2-3 feet wide if possible, but can go wider if we have to.
* Evergreen, but we don't like the look of pine trees or arborvitae.
* 35 feet long.
* Part of hedge would have full sun, part would be partially shaded a few hours a day.
* Soil is very sandy (can amend if needed).
We really like the look of holly, and Sky Pencil seems the closest to our requirements but it probably won't get tall enough (only 8 to 10').
We had a bamboo guy come out and he recommends Green Grove which matures at about 15ft, but we're concerned with containment, even with the "DeepRoot Bamboo Barrier" he would add to 22" deep.
Does anyone have recommendations on any other types of shrubs we might consider?