morning glory

RafnkApril 29, 2013

hi there, I am wondering, I just planted some morning glory seeds, and I am going to try to have the inside this summer, do u have some good idea for climbing "thing" I am going to have them in my window, and going to let them climb up the window, and i am also wondering if I can have maybe 4-5 plants in long and shallow pot instead of one deep pot ? so I can have the pot it in my fensterbrett ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SaraElise(8b)

I would use a panel of garden fencing. You can get them at any garden store and just choose one that fits your window. I've linked to an example of what I am talking about.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 9:48PM
Rafnk

okei nice thanks, but now I ned answer is it okei to do this to morning glory seedlings?

http://www.digthedirt.com/contributions/3261-transplanting-your-seedlings

because I have few in the same pot

-Rafn

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 6:50AM
SaraElise(8b)

Should be fine to have several in one pot, but I would worry about the depth -- depending how shallow you mean to use. They have taproots, so they can be rather close to each other, but they need enough depth to send down their root.

The other concern would be the window height. The species I grew up with covered a 2 story house by the end of the summer. But, you can prune the top of the vine at any time without harming the plant, so it's not too big an issue.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 1:42PM
Rafnk

okei thanks for the answers! helps me alot :)

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 8:36PM
wertach zone 7-B SC

Please be careful when you dispose of the dead plants.Do not let any seed get loose! Burn them in your fireplace if you have one! You may drop seed outside.

Morning glory is a very invasive plant! I have been fighting them in my garden and along my fence line since 1979.

I never planted them, they came with my land.

Even though I snatch any I can find out of the ground as soon as they sprout, they keep coming back!

I can see why some people plant them, they are pretty. But they will destroy a corn crop and/or garden.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 1:45PM
More Discussions
New to starting tomatoes and pepper from seed. Tweak my plan!
After finding out that buying the amount of plants...
asm198 - Zone 6a (MO)
mail order seeds
I purchased from Gurney Seed and Territorial Seed Co...
leanne47
Perennials and annuals--any disadvantages to early start
OK- I, in zone 6A, generally start my flower seeds...
sujiwan_gw
Dusty Miller Silver Lace seeds wanted
I am looking for Dusty Miller Silver Lace seeds. The...
cath923
Germinating Begonias, Imps, & Pets.......
Been propagating from seed for 5-6 years now.... Surface...
cugal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™