Golden Glitter spirea

windymess z5April 9, 2014

Does anyone have experience with this spirea? I'm choosing between Golden Glitter and Magic Carpet...
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windymess z5

I should have qualified... this will be a specimen in the back of the bed near low(ish) perennials - autumn joy sedum, midnight wine weigela, a few different peonies. I'm looking for something complimentary to those colors. This is in full sun, with reflective heat from the house -- exposure is mostly south, slightly southeast -- so it gets a little warm, to say the least. Zone 5, KC area.
Thanks!

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 9:32AM
WendyB(5A/MA)

I am not familiar with Golden Glitter, but I can see Magic Carpet doing well with those plants. My favorite spirea is 'Ogon'. I love the finely textured foliage. It has nice coloring too but primarily solid chartreuse -- not as diverse coloring as Magic Carpet.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 10:43PM
windymess z5

Thanks Wendy, I chose the golden glitter because it blooms white, and I have nothing else that does (except an early peony). So- like everything else in gardening, it's an experiment. I would definitely like to find a place for magic carpet someplace! And ogon- I will look into that one!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
What variety of evergreen is this? Pic included
Moved into my house 2.5 years ago. I'd like to possibly...
stlmom77
Name of this shrub?
I took this cutting from my Aunt's yard and don't remember...
jmagor
Evergreen Privacy Shrub Hedge
I want to plant an evergreen shrub hedge as a privacy...
clivebengal
Will my new witch hazel bloom at this time every year?
Last May I planted a little 3 foot witch hazel from...
olreader
'Sugar Shack' Buttonbush
Anyone have experience with this cultivar? I've always...
northraleighguy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™