boxwood and volutella

lily603(6)April 13, 2014

I have been fighting this disease for several years. winter last was hard on all plants, Korean boxwood the worst. so I set about trimming. and reading up, again, on volutella. I have removed several stands of pachysandra and 2 boxwoods hoping to still the disease, but in trimming the last 2 I can see too much damage. penn state and other sources suggest plants be removed altogether. I had been using neem early on. one suggestion was copper fungicide. has anyone faced this problem and have you been almost successful in bringing the plant back to health? I do wonder where this came from. from what I've read, it appeared around 2011 and has spread from state to state. can't help but think of oak die off or chestnut blight...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

i dont understand what disease you are talking about ... nor am i even sure.. after all you have done... that you have even figured out what the disease is ...

take a piece to a good nursery.. or your extension office and get an ID of your problem ...

and do not do another thing.. especially spraying stuff.. willy nilly.. w/o knowing what you are treating ...

perhaps if post some pix... we could ID it for you

ken

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 1:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deltaohio

My plant inspector warned me about boxwood blight several years ago. It was found in a nursery in North Carolina and a lot of their plants were shipped up the East coast.

Frank

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:37AM
More Discussions
'Sugar Shack' Buttonbush
Anyone have experience with this cultivar? I've always...
northraleighguy
Need suggestions
Hi everyone, I need to plant something in the front...
wonka31
Name of this shrub?
I took this cutting from my Aunt's yard and don't remember...
jmagor
Recs For Underused Ornamental Shrubs
Can you share some that you'd think would be planted...
catkin
Best purple/red Cotinus Coggyria cultivars
Are there any particular purple cultivars of Continus...
whaas_5a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™