Hollyhock seedlings

dazed77(6)May 21, 2005

Please, anyone out there have pictures of hollyhock seedlings? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvs2garden8686(z7 VA)

hey! I found 3 pics for you when I did a search now me and you both know what they look like lol

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/image?invocationType=topsearchbox.imagehome&query=hollyhock+seedling

Bookmark   May 21, 2005 at 7:56PM
spicedvanilla(Z6 IN)

These are pictures of my hollyhock seedlings. I planted 'Queeny Purple'.

Bookmark   May 21, 2005 at 8:33PM
luvs2garden8686(z7 VA)

hey spice those look great! how'd you post those pics?

Bookmark   May 21, 2005 at 9:48PM
dazed77(6)

Thanks guys those are great pics. Really appreciate it. i will post a few pics of my 'hollyhock seedlings' (as I hope they are) tomorrow...its gotten dark out already. These pics kind of match my seedlings but I still can't be too sure! Will have another look in the morning.

Bookmark   May 21, 2005 at 9:53PM
ChiGardener(z5 Chicago)

That's a GREAT help considering I have some Chatters and Grandma's in the garden and a new packet of Pink Hollyhocks to plant. They haven't broken ground yet but they're planted. I have Chatters H., Foxglove, Delphinium, and Grandma's H. planted against a fence. Against the house I put Chatters H. in the background and a mix of 3 diff. types of Zinnias. I looked today and some of the Zinnias have broken ground!!! My mom laughs and oooooos at me when I talk to my "babies" in the gardens!

Bookmark   May 21, 2005 at 11:58PM
dazed77(6)

Hi again, I got photos of the seedlings today. One pic is the younger version and the second is the seedling I planted into the ground. Please tell me if these look familiar to you!! Thanks.
(Couldn't paste directly to page so I attached a link below)

Here is a link that might be useful: yahoo photos - seedlings

Bookmark   May 22, 2005 at 12:42PM
dazed77(6)

Zinnias are great..They come up so fast. I planted a ring of zinnias around a group of amaryllis. Can't wait to see what they look like when they start blooming!

Bookmark   May 22, 2005 at 1:12PM
mimi856(5a)

SPICEDVANILLA????? SO. how did our hollyhocks grow??? I have planted 2 huge batches of seeds so far and not a one has come up. I have only planted them in the earth.Am trying in containers this weekend for a Fall palnting. (Hope Hope). I assume with all this rain we have had that they all have either #1. rotted. Or #2 slid out of my garden and into the grass and I have mowed them over. I had a huge batch of single pink ones off ebay. Nothing. had a batch from Burpee. Nothing. Its awful. My first year on the famr and I SO wanted Hollyhocks.

Bookmark   July 6, 2006 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Pinch or toss?
My sweet peas are leggy. Can I pinch them or should...
Loni Tabor
Conjoined twin basil seedling
This might be pretty common and not worth making a...
arlene_82 (zone 6 OH)
When to uncover seedlings?
I've successfully started seeds for years by bottom...
oldbuck
Getting disappointed when planting zinnia from seed.
Okay, first of all, I live in a tropical country, the...
bpmontilla
Question on sowing seed indoors using starter kit
Hi Everyone - I'm a noob gardener and am attempting...
sistereinstein (Z5a WI)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™