Last of my flowers

mytime(3/4 Alaska)September 10, 2012

Well, we're due for a 3rd hard frost tonight...I was so hoping for a couple more weeks like the last 2 years, but not to be. So instead of doing what I should have been today, I rescued the best of the frost-nipped, wind-whipped, slug-slimed, and rain-wracked blossoms to attempt an arrangement. I actually thought it looked good, until I tried to take a picture of it. Too dark in the house for the colors to come out right, too bright outside. Oh well...use your imaginations! The dahlias are Vassio Meggos, Popular Guest, what was left of a Bahama Mama, and a Thomas Edison and Arabian Night that were just beginning to open.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mytime(3/4 Alaska)

OOPS...I inadvertently posted here instead of the Dahlia forum...so sorry. I always wondered how people could post in the wrong forum by accident...I still wonder, but now I've joined the ranks!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 1:09AM
jekeesl (south-central Arkansas)(7b)

Sorry that your season is already waning. It brings back memories of my year at Galena, where it snowed in every month but August.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 5:41AM
fatamorgana2121(Zone 5/6)

Nice bouquet. It is always sad to see the growing season end. I'm hoping for another month before the frosts bring mine to a close but it's hard to predict. My summer was the second hottest on record - yeah, spring-day stuff for the folks from Texas! But because of the unusual weather, I'm kind of expecting early frosts. Another month would let all my fall crops finish up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing!

FataMorgana

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 7:26AM
vikingcraftsman

Great job my time. You have a good eye for color. Sad we will not see more of your work till next year. I take hundreds of pictures so I have things to look at all winter. Also when the wife is feeling down I send her a e bouquet.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 7:59AM
Cat1956

Gorgeous bouquet...I really should get into the habit of photographing my flowers...we're into the cool nights/mornings and temperate days...makes me a little sad that the growing season is coming to an end.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 8:34PM
Noni Morrison

I am often out 2 or 3 times a day with my camera, looking for beautiful shots of my prettiest flowers. Its a bit of an obsession with me! But what a fine obsession! I've been away for 10 days and can't wait to get home tomorrow!

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Flowering Vine/plant Identification
Have had this plant for years, seldom blooms, but it...
ehgraham
Rosemary exact species name please (Qatar)
Hi Guys Can you please name the exact species of this...
maufie123
what sort of mushroom?
I promise I have no intention of trying to ingest this...
toad_ca
No clue...new growth seems to look pinkish
I have a friend wanting to know what this plant is...to...
cadillactaste
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™