Mini rose opinions

skfrey25(6a)February 12, 2013

I am trying to select one mini rose plant! I am particularly interested in Carnival Glass, Emma Grace, Busy Bee, and Freckle Face. Rainbow's End is appealing as well. I would really appreciate any opinions on these roses, or suggestions for other minis!

Thanks!
Sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

I don't have the others but Rainbows End has been a bloom machine for me.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 10:54AM
iris_2007

I can't say enough good things about Bees Knees...it's always in bloom..it's bushy and always healthy..the blooms always change to a different variegation of yellow w pink. I'm going to put purple Diamond Eyes min. next to it as those are the color combos that I like....I would never be without Bees Knees.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bees Knees on 'Help me Find'

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 2:25PM
ken-n.ga.mts(7a/7b)

Emma Grace is a beautiful mini. Rainbow's End is also fantastic. Glowing Amber is a stunning mini. Heirloom Rose Nursery has a great selection of mini's. Hortico Roses also carries some nice mini's. You need to be careful. Growing a few mini's can lead to growing a LOT of mini's. I know. The first year I started growing mini's I had 8. Three yrs later I had 60+. The more I saw, the more I wanted.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 3:48PM
Maryl zone 7a

I think she wanted to know about Busy Bee not Bee's Knees. The only one of those I've grown is Rainbow's End and it was one of my favorites. After a decade or more in a pot it finally bloomed itself to death one year and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet, but it's still one of my favorite minis....Maryl

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
Experience with Drift roses?
I'm looking at planting either Apricot, Peach, or Icy...
onederw
Rose thorn infection update
For those who missed the last thread on the subject,...
alisande
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™