Can you identify this plant?

missnishJune 16, 2014

These seeds were given to me by my grandmother. I completely forgot the name of the plant and she's since passed so the plant is quite sentimental to me. I notice today that it's starting to lose a little color and wilt. I'm not sure whether it's thirsty or it's getting too much water. It's rained about every other day here in Central Florida so I haven't bothered watering.

Does anyone recognize the plant? Could someone maybe give me some hints on what might cause the wilting and lose of color? I'm new to the gardening game :)

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

That's Celosia, fun, colorful sun-loving plant typically used as an annual in gardens and containers. It does thrive in the full sun and heat.

If your potting mix does not drain rapidly and stays soggy, that's a problem. Both under and over watering can cause wilting.

Bookmark   June 16, 2014 at 7:03PM
sheeba123

Hi Everyone, Anyone has lotus seeds,please let me know,thanks

Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 10:28PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Sheeba123,

I don't know how your post ended up here, but it's very misplaced. If you do come back here to check, and you see this message, I recommend you make your own thread and put it in the Seed Exchange forum. You'll also want to fill out your trade/exchange list. Without that, no one will know what you have to offer for exchange for your request. I would recommend that you carefully read the Seed Exchange FAQ page and the sticky note at the top of that forum. It has guidelines necessary for trading on GardenWeb.

Bookmark   July 5, 2014 at 10:11PM
More Discussions
Pepper Seeds from Commercial Dried Peppers
Has anyone had any success growing peppers from seeds...
goldenz5
Help with germination!
Hello all! I have a question! I started some of my...
countryladies14
Also why are my seedings growing towards the window instead of up?
I planted some morning glory's and sensitive plants. I...
tlbean2004
Time for some early seed starting!
Got my seeds today. In about a week or so I will start...
Peter1142
problem with carica papaya seedling survival
Hi I live in a temperate zone, have a large conservatory,...
marcyoung
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™