climbing rose

gaileeMarch 29, 2012

I have a rose that was here when we moved in, I have tried , with no success,to keep it going, it gets worse every year. I would love to replace it with a desease free one. one that blooms all year would be a bonus. any one know of one.I had good luck in Fla.but have had no luck here in Tn.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trospero(8)

Is Blackspot the issue for you? Are you interested in just the repeat blooming types, or are the older, once-blooming types acceptable as well? What climate zone are you in?

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 3:40PM
gailee

I am just outside Knoxville,Jefferson City. It was mainly a white powder like stuff all over it. and every thing else known to roses.I would love a repeat bloomer. In fla I had a whole bed that was not as much of a problem as this one. Thank you for responding.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 8:32AM
seil zone 6b MI

It sounds like powdery mildew. There are things you can spray for that if you decide you want to. Otherwise I'm sure there are climbers that will grow healthier in your area. What you need to do is find your local rose society and talk with them. They'll have a much better idea of what are the most disease resistant types for your area. Go to the American Rose Society's web site and look up a society in your area and contact them. They're always happy to talk roses!

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Anyone grow Delbard roses (like Dames de Chenonceau)?
I've been told that the Delbards are a lot like Austins....
gardenerzone4
Counting the Days!
Generally it starts after Christmas with me, truthfully...
sara_ann-z6bok
Do growing conditions affect fragrance *types* in your experience
... I mean like making a clove-smelling rose smell...
laura242424
When a seller has the wrong picture, etc.
One rather large plant catalog with lots of pictures...
stillanntn6b
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses...
bluehaven_gweb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™