New: Lily Society Facebook page for WI and IL set up

linnea56(z5 IL)January 9, 2013

I know this is the Perennial forum, but I know many of you will grow at least a few lilies, even if you do not "hang out" at the Lily Forum; so to get more exposure, I decided to post here as well.

This is for the Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society, which is affiliated with the North American Lily Society. If you use Facebook, please consider "liking" our page, and attend an event with us! There is not much on there yet, but I plan to post new content soon, like lily and general gardening articles. On this page we will list upcoming Lily Society events, and post an ongoing series of articles on growing lilies, as well as other gardening tips.

Our membership chiefly draws from the Chicago area, northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We offer information to those gardeners seeking to grow these supreme beauties of nature, member of the genus Lilium, in their own gardens, plus the camaraderie that gardeners know.

We offer an Education series that meets at various locations in the Chicago area. These will be posted on the Facebook page as they are scheduled. A lily bulb sale also occurs twice a year, in the fall and in the spring. At this sale are offered both popular and unusual varieties, most not available in stores.

Our first lecture is this Sunday, at the Northbrook IL Public Library (north suburb of Chicago). I am a member of this group, and was asked to figure out new ways to stimulate attendance at our events. I plan to exhibit our page at the meeting this coming Sunday. I hope to have some fans by then to show them the power of social marketing !

Thanks for your support!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

who is lily???

and why does she have a society???

how you been???

ken

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 6:42PM
bellarosa(z5/IL)

Hi,
I'm so glad you posted this. I used to be a member of this plant society, but I stopped receiving the newsletters. Woody was president at that time, so this was awhile ago. I'll definitely have to go on FB and like your page. Looking forward to the spring plant sale.

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 7:02PM
linnea56(z5 IL)

Ken: Lily was my aunt. She was so sociable, she had a whole Society named for her (and I really did have an aunt named Lily...at is more, she was an avid gardener). I'm fine: busy sending out art fair applications.

Bellarosa: Welcome back! Woody is still president. Maybe because no one else has stepped forward! :) I will be posting future events on the FB page, including the bulb sale. This year there will be some satellite bulb sale locations, which is really exciting.

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
Suggestions To Make This Forum Better
A Private Message feature would be great! Add yours!...
WendyJoZ8
Winterizing perennials?
Just moved into a new home with lots of established...
chaven
Would you be willing to share your favorite plant markers?
I've been eyeing the copper and zinc ones but just...
oldbat2be
Agapanthus - where to buy?
I want to grow Agapanthus - the white one. Anyone know...
bluehaven_gweb
Im looking for rare edible perennials for zone 5
I want things that require vary little work and do...
grannypeck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™