Who stays and who goes?
OMG I hate making decisions. I am driving myself crazy! Here's the situation:
I have a 160 gal pond. My fish died last winter. I got fish from a co-worker. I said I wanted 2 or 3 fish and they gave me 6 fish: 2 comets, 2 shubunkins, 2 black fish.
I previously had one comet and one black fish. I notice with these 6 fish that the like kinds stay together; well the two comets and two shubunkins stay together. Who knows what the two black fish do as you can only see them when food disappears from the surface of the water with a big smacking sound.
There are numerous little babies; some comets, some black some who knows what.
So... my questions are:
1. Do I have way too many fish for 160 gals? I am concerned that I do.
2. If I give away fish (someone wants them) is it better to give away the big ones and keep just the babies through the winter and see what they turn into in the spring?
3. Is is better to give away the babies and keep the big ones?
4. Is it better to give away some of the big one? If so which ones?
5. Should the like kinds be kept together? ie - keep the comets and give away the shubunkins?
I am driving myself crazy with this conundrum!!!
What is best for the fish? I am not a breeder and don't care which ones I have.