Delay in placing water lilies in Pond

saltydad(7a)September 25, 2013

I just returned home with 2 waterlilies already planted in pots. The problem is its too dark now to see what I'm doing in the pond. I don't want to go lumbering around and stepping,on other lilies, plants, fish, etc. The lilies are in pots, wet, in heavy duty plastic bags. Can I leave them out of the pond overnight until I can put the pots in the pond in the morning? I'll have them inside to avoid the predator problem. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
frankielynnsie

Yes, as long as they are wet they will be ok for 1 night. They are out of water for several days when they are shipped and do fine. Just keep them out of direct sunlight.

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 10:09PM
saltydad(7a)

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help, and am looking forward to maybe seeing the lilies blooms before the cold.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 2:46AM
Craigger7

Hey salty, I was walking around one of my local garden centers last month. I noticed they had beautiful big water lilies buy one get one free. I could not pass that up. Well, My new pond is still under construction, the lilies are doing fine in their plastic buckets. I just have them in a sunny spot.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 6:43PM
More Discussions
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
My fish is sick - treating for dropsy
Am attempting to treat one of my fish... classic dropsy...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™