Pond liner

kymeOctober 24, 2012

Questions:

Where is the most reasonable place to buy a replacement liner? I need one which is 20' x 20'.

I can find smaller ones, at Lowes or Home Depot and Home Depot has tape to put them together. Does the tape work?

Thanks,

Martha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mike56(7a)

I dont have a good recomendation on where you should go for a quality liner other than maybe a local pond supply house but I would not go for cheap at Lows or HD and please dont try to tape or splice one together.

You will have alot of work into your pond when it is all done and established and the liner is its foundation. A high quality heavy liner will last many years without leaks.

Just my 2 cents,
Mike

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 8:24PM
kyme

Mike,

I have an existing pond and I was looking at a replacement liner, I couldn't remember but I think the one I have is a 45 mil one. Anyway it's lasted for 20 years and is still ok except where it meets the rock edges. I agree I want something which will last!

Thanks,
Martha

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 1:55PM
chas045(7b)

When I got my liner 6 years ago, I would have been happy to find a local roofing supply, but I couldn't find any source. Therefore I used a website that seemed to have the best shipping (trucking) charges. At that time it was Webbs Water gardens. I would compare prices, but remember that the shipping charges are a significant proportion of the total cost.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 8:51PM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

Menards carries 45m EPDM at good prices. Roofing Rubber is pretty much the same as the stuff sold for ponds. The only difference I have heard any evidence for is the pond EPDM has talc on it to prevent sticking. That washes off quickly and doesn't hurt the fish. Roofing rubber doesn't have talc because it must be glued down. Check other sources for roofing rubber.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 2:45PM
More Discussions
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™