Plans for a pond cover where there is heavy snow.

lisa11310(z5 MI)October 7, 2012

I did a search but didnt find what I was looking for. I have a small 500 gal aprox 8X8. I looked at portable sheds & greenhouses, none of the sheds let light in and the greenhouses wont stand up to Michigan winters. I need something sturdy, lets light in and is high enough on one end that I can get a 5 gal bucket in should we lose power (so I can keep a hole open). I would really love something that I can either take apart in the spring or use as a greenhouse. Does anybody have any Idea on when I can find plans?Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annedickinson

Lisa..
I have been thinking about the same thing. I've tried different approaches over the years and am now considering making a simple frame with legs longer on one side to create a slope and cover it with the heavy opaque ripple-type material (don't know what it is called) that is used on garden sheds. It isn't totally clear, but would let some light through.
Anne
PS I just did a search and came up with corrugated roofing. Lowes carries it:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_73140-1115-1418A_0__?productId=3043439&Ntt=corrugated+roofing&pl=1ätURL=%3FNtt%3Dcorrugated%2Broofing&facetInfo=

I'm also including a link below to a company that makes this type of stuff that has more information than Lowes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corrugated Panels

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 7:46AM
More Discussions
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
Do crows eat frogs?
I've had my pond for 15 years, and never suspected...
robin321
My fish is sick - treating for dropsy
Am attempting to treat one of my fish... classic dropsy...
kashka_kat
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™